Explore the unique nature and history of our desert region with fascinating collections and exhibits oriented toward visitors of all ages. In addition to six rotating annual exhibits, you’ll discover:
- Natural history dioramas displaying desert wildlife
- Interactive Kid’s Corner with hands-on activities
- A collection of Native American artifacts
- A Mini-Zoo featuring native animals
Plan Your VisitHi Desert Nature Museum
Community Center Complex
57090 Twentynine Palms Highway
Tel: (760) 369-7212
Open Wednesday - Saturday, 10:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Closed Sunday - Tuesday and holidays
Field trips are available for K-6, homeschoolers, scout troops, and others and can be scheduled for Tuesdays through Fridays. Please call (760) 369-7212 to make an appointment, or e-mail us for more information.
The Hi-Desert Nature Museum is honored to partner with the Morongo Basin Historical Society in hosting their series of history programs, MBHS Presents.
- A new topic related to our colorful local history is presented each month by an experienced speaker
- Second Wednesday of the Month, 5:30 - 7:00 p.m.
- A $5 donation to the MBHS at the door is requested.
Enjoy a once-a-month lunch break and explore interesting topics related to the High Desert at The Brown Bag Lunch Lectures. Lectures are presented monthly. Visit the Hi-Desert Nature Museum website for information and schedule.
- Presented on one Thursday per month, 12:00 p.m.
- Admission is $5 (free with museum membership)
- Complimentary beverages are served.
By becoming a sponsor, you will help to preserve our past, enrich the present, and enlighten the future.
- Help protect and preserve of collections, all of which have been donated by members of the community like you
- Keep the museum free of charge and accessible to everyone
- Enjoy temporary exhibits curated by members of the community, as well as by museums nationwide
- Attend events for the entire family, including Family Fun Day, Halloween and Earth Day
Sponsorship forms are available at the Hi-Desert Nature Museum.