Anyone conducting business activity in the Town of Yucca Valley must have a current Business Registration Certificate. These business activities include, but are not limited to:
- With or without employees
- Food service
If you’re unsure whether your operation requires a Business Registration Certificate or may qualify for an exemption, please contact us.
The Town Council approved Ordinance No. 161 to establish a Business Registration Program to:
- Provide an inventory of commercial activities in the Town
- Allow public safety personnel to have emergency contact information
- Facilitate communication between the Town and its businesses
- Enable the Town to focus its economic development activities
Businesses that do not exceed $1,500 in gross annual revenue—or are involved in no more than a single or occasional business transaction—are not required to register.
Please note that business owners who work out of their homes must also comply with all applicable Zoning and Home Occupation regulations.
Fees and Requirements
- Fees: $59.00 for the first year and $44.00 for each subsequent year.
- Applications are available at Town Hall, or download an application here.
- Complete and return your application to Town Hall, 57090 Twentynine Palms Highway, Yucca Valley, CA 92284
- When the application has been approved, a certificate will be mailed to the address on the application.
- The certificate will be valid for one year and be placed in a conspicuous location on the premises of your business.
- All businesses are required to renew annually.
- Mobile businesses must carry a copy of the Certificate at all times while conducting business.
Please refer to our Frequently Asked Questions for more information.