The Emergency Preparedness Division is responsible for the planning, coordination and management of disaster preparedness, mitigation, response, and recovery.
To help keep our residents, visitors prepared, safe, informed, and able to recover from any emergency or disaster, we:
- Prepare and maintain emergency plans
- Coordinate emergency operations
- Maintain and restore essential systems
- Protect the use and distribution of resources
- Ensure continuity of government and services
- Coordinate operations with other jurisdictions’ emergency service organizations
Are you prepared for an emergency?
What to do before an emergency strikes
- Visit the official website of the Department of Homeland Security for great tips and information about preparing for an emergency or disaster
- Download the Family Disaster Guide provided by the San Bernardino Fire Department Office of Emergency Services
- Download the Disaster Guide for Pets
- Stay healthy, safe, and informed during flu season with updates from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
Citizen volunteers are needed and welcome. The Morongo Basin Community Emergency Response Team (CERT) offers free classes about how preparing for an emergency.
Jessica Rice, Management Analyst (ext. 227)
Yucca Valley Town Hall
57090 Twentynine Palms Highway
Yucca Valley, CA 92284
Monday - Thursday
8:00 am - 5:00 pm
Office is closed Friday, Saturday, Sunday and holidays.